Spirit of Joy Counseling Services, PLLC was created with the hope that I can serve hurting people with an excellence of care that is above and beyond the norm. This is a MISSION, not a job! My fees are reasonable and will remain so. The insurance plans I currently accept are Aetna, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, Cenpatico, TriCARE, Magellan, Traditional Medicaid, Beacon Health Options (formerly Value Options), United Healthcare/Optum, and Community First Health Plans.
If you aren’t sure about counseling or if I might be the RIGHT counselor, you can email me to set up a 20 minute free video consultation (high speed internet required ~ Chrome Browser required and no hot spot). We will use that time to discuss your concerns and then will be able to make a better decision as to what your next step is.
The First Appointment
- Initial Intake and Assessment ~ we work in person to understand you or your child’s specific areas of concern by going over a thorough questionnaire that you have filled out prior to the first meeting. *Children under 12 do NOT attend the first session.
- Diagnosis ~ labels are not the preferred way I describe your situation, often times what my clients are going through are periods of adjustment and relationship issues, but I will try to help you understand what it is you are or your child is experiencing in terms of the medical world’s definition
- Treatment Plan ~ this is individualized and is determined by us~ TOGETHER ~ what kind of work needs to be done to heal and begin living a more balanced and productive life
- Referrals ~ there are times when I believe you may need MORE than I can provide; click on the Referrals link to your left
- Scheduling future appointments ~ you will have time to consider how you want to implement your treatment plan; some appointments may be via confidential and secure video session according to your schedule and needs
You matter; there is an awesome plan for your life, and I look forward to meeting you.