Hello and welcome!
I am so glad you have chosen to find out more about my services. Unhealthy coping skills and behaviors in ourselves and in our children and families can ruin our precious relationships. Counseling is a pathway to joyful living!
Spirit of Joy Counseling Services is my mission to help others find peace and joy in the midst of work, stress, pressures, chaos, family issues, children and teen problems, grief and loss….and the list goes on and on.
There is an EYE in the STORM of life and I endeavor to help people learn to LIVE in that peaceful place, no matter what is swirling around them.
- 18 years of school counseling experience, grades K-12
- 5 years as an LPC Intern ~ clinical hours acquired in 3 high schools serving highly at risk teens and 2 crisis pregnancy centers
- Bachelors degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Masters degree in Counseling and Guidance
- TEA certification in Elementary Education and Language/Learning Disabilities
My years as a speech therapist, elementary teacher, school counselor, and LPC Intern helped fine tune my skills in understanding various issues in children’s and adults’ lives. I learned that unhealthy coping skills and past hurts and losses interfere with joy and happiness and the goal of becoming a fulfilled human being. I became a specialist in guiding children and adults to discover their strengths and weaknesses, fulfill their mission, set boundaries and communicate more effectively, and make better choices for balanced living.
- Children and Teens
- Registered Play Therapist
- Adjustment and Coping Skills
- Anxiety and Depression
- Assertive Communication
- Blended Family Issues
- Parenting and Single Parenting
- Relationship Issues from the Woman’s Perspective
- Recovery from Codependency and Addiction utilizing 12 Steps with Christ
- Career Planning and Life Coaching
Please click on the links to the left to explore my website.