Hello and welcome!
I am so glad you have chosen to find out more about my services. Unhealthy coping skills and behaviors in ourselves and in our children and families can ruin our precious relationships. Counseling is a pathway to joyful living!
Spirit of Joy Counseling Services is my mission to help others find peace and joy in the midst of work, stress, pressures, chaos, family issues, children and teen problems, grief and loss….and the list goes on and on.
There is an EYE in the STORMS of life and I endeavor to help people learn to LIVE in that peaceful place, no matter what is swirling around them.
- 18 years of school counseling experience, grades K-12
- 5 years as an LPC Intern ~ clinical hours acquired in 3 high schools serving highly at risk teens and 2 crisis pregnancy centers
- 12 years in Private Practice
- Bachelors degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Masters degree in Counseling and Guidance
- TEA certification in Elementary Education and Language/Learning Disabilities
My years as a speech therapist, elementary teacher, school counselor, and LPC Intern, and now as a private practitioner have helped fine tune my skills in understanding various issues you may be experiencing. I learned that unhealthy coping skills and past hurts and losses interfere with joy and happiness and the goal of becoming a fulfilled human being. I became a specialist in guiding children and their parents to discover their strengths and weaknesses, fulfill their mission, set boundaries and communicate more effectively, and make better choices for balanced living.
There is a difference between Secular Counseling, Pastoral Counseling, and counseling with me as a practicing Christian Licensed Professional Counselor.
Rather than the focus being on SELF healing (Secular) or Bible Study (Pastoral), my goal is to utilize all my skills, knowledge, training, and life experience with the emphasis being that God is the healer. My hope is that you or your teen will gain tools for coping, unload that heavy invisible back pack, and learn to travel LIGHT through this journey here on earth. I pray for my clients and ask God to send me the people He wants me to help. I am blessed to be able to do this kind of mission and will do my best for you with the help of God! Let me know if you have any questions. Support, encouragement, and being able to help develop the coping skills needed to live a joyful life are the main focus. I look forward to working with you!
- Video Counseling ~all appointments are online
- Ages 16+ Teen Concerns and Behavioral Issues
- Women’s Issues
- Adjustment and Coping Skills
- Anxiety and Depression
- Assertive Communication ~Relationship Building
- Grief/Loss ~Certified Grief Informed Professional
- Personal Growth and Self Awareness~ Necessary Agents for Positive Change
- Christian Family and Couples Counseling
- Blended Family Issues
- Parenting and Single Parenting
- Recovery from Codependency and Addiction utilizing 12 Steps with Christ
- Career Planning and Life Coaching
Please click on the links to the left to explore my website.