Protecting your confidentiality is my ethical responsibility. I am cautious with today’s technology to make sure I am protecting my clients’ information. For this reason, I do not conduct phone consultations. Cell phones and VoIP are not secure.
You will find, however, that I am very “user friendly”. My clients text me at 830-214-3777 if they need to schedule or reschedule appointments and for sharing non-confidential information.
Contact me by email an appointment or for more information. You will receive a prompt HIPAA secure/encrypted email response. Then you can reply securely and we can discuss your specific needs and concerns in a confidential manner.
What to Expect
Spirit of Joy Counseling Services, PLLC was created with the hope that I can serve hurting people with an excellence of care that is above and beyond the norm. This is a MISSION, not a job! My fees are reasonable and will remain so. The insurance plans I currently accept are Aetna, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, Superior, TriCARE East and West, Magellan, Traditional Medicaid, Beacon Health Options (formerly Value Options), and Community First Health Plans.
The First Appointment
- Initial Intake and Assessment ~ we work in person to understand you or your child’s specific areas of concern by going over a thorough questionnaire that you have filled out prior to the first meeting. *Children under 12 do NOT attend the first session.
- Diagnosis ~ labels are not the preferred way I describe your situation, often times what my clients are going through are periods of adjustment and relationship issues, but I will try to help you understand what it is you are or your child is experiencing in terms of the medical world’s definition
- Treatment Plan ~ this is individualized and is determined by us~ TOGETHER ~ what kind of work needs to be done to heal and begin living a more balanced and productive life
- Referrals ~ there are times when I believe you may need MORE than I can provide; click on the Referrals link to your left
- Scheduling future appointments ~ you will have time to consider how you want to implement your treatment plan; some appointments may be via confidential and secure video session according to your schedule and needs
You matter; there is an awesome plan for your life, and I look forward to meeting you.