Protecting your confidentiality is my ethical responsibility. I am cautious with today’s technology to make sure I am protecting my clients’ information. For this reason, I do not conduct phone consultations. Cell phones and VoIP are not secure.
You will find, however, that I am very “user friendly”. My clients text me at 830-214-3777 if they need to schedule or reschedule appointments and for sharing non-confidential information.
Contact me by email an appointment or for more information. You will receive a prompt HIPAA secure/encrypted email response. Then you can reply securely and we can discuss your specific needs and concerns in a confidential manner.
What to Expect
Spirit of Joy Counseling Services, PLLC was created with the hope that I can serve hurting people with an excellence of care that is above and beyond the norm. This is a MISSION, not a job! I give discounts to Private Pay clients who are in service professions (teaching, medical, military, ministry).
The insurance plans I currently accept are Aetna, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, Superior, TriCARE East and West, Traditional Medicaid, and United Healthcare.
The First Appointment
- Initial Intake and Assessment ~ we work in person to understand you or your child’s specific areas of concern by going over a thorough questionnaire that you have filled out prior to the first meeting. *Children under 12 do NOT attend the first session.
- Diagnosis ~ labels are not the preferred way I describe your situation, often times what my clients are going through are periods of adjustment and relationship issues, but I will try to help you understand what it is you are or your child is experiencing in terms of the medical world’s definition
- Treatment Plan ~ this is individualized and is determined by us~ TOGETHER ~ what kind of work needs to be done to heal and begin living a more balanced and productive life
- Referrals ~ there are times when I believe you may need MORE than I can provide; click on the Referrals link to your left
- Scheduling future appointments ~ you will have time to consider how you want to implement your treatment plan; some appointments may be via confidential and secure video session according to your schedule and needs
You matter; there is an awesome plan for your life, and I look forward to meeting you.